Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Does exactly what it says on the tin: 1000 great books for sustainable agriculture. Of which I've read two...ah well winter is drawing close and if I read just a quarter of these I'll be well prepared for spring!

On a more personal note, the animator's new website/online showreel is now live. The animation sections seem to only work for some people - a quicktime glitch - hopefully that will be sorted out soon. If anyone has any clue as to why it is going wrong please tell us! Just so that you know, the animator is now available for bar mitzvahs, weddings, parties etc, etc - but, to be honest, he'd prefer a well-paid 3D computer games job.

Ten ways to conserve nature. (via Rebecca's Pocket):

8. Choose a home close to work or school: A convenient place to live reduces the amount you drive, which means you'll lower your emissions of greenhouse gases and other pollutants. You'll also have more time to spend on things you care about.

Currently, I achieve 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Number 8, in particular, the animator and I felt very strongly about. The decision to live right in the heart of London was a trade off: no garden, but we can walk everywhere we need to. That is a luxury as far as we are concerned. I'm working on 5 - just as soon as I have a free Sunday, I'll be buying fresh veg at the Marylebone farmer's market. Somewhat surprisingly, recycling didn't make it in.

No comments: