Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Went to Cubana on Friday night for a colleague’s leaving do (I’m not the only rat to flee this sinking ship, there’s been quite a number recently). Only meant to stay for one, but then ‘one’ became one jug of woo-woo and, since there were lots of lovely people there, time flew. Returned home to find the animator in a strop and a cold, congealed dinner accusing me in the kitchen. Not a good start to the weekend.
Unfortunately, I can no longer handle alcohol as well as I used to and too much woo-woo meant a night of insomnia, luckily surfing kept me amused while his nibs slept.
Most of Saturday was spent asleep, by me at least, the animator went and bagged some sale bargains. On Sunday I defrosted the fridge – oh yes my life really is that exciting – as a way of avoiding job application forms. And now I’m back at work. I need to clear my desk and send two titles to press before leaving, but I’m sadly lacking in anything approaching dedication to the cause.
The animator is also struggling to meet his goals. He spent Sunday trying to ‘weight’ his latest model correctly. Much gnashing of teeth has ensued. That’s the trouble with trying to extend yourself when you are under pressure to achieve results quickly, if something goes wrong it seems like the end of the world. Of course, if neither of us find jobs it will be the end of the world…

No comments: