Thursday, February 05, 2004

Penultimate day at work and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. Tomorrow is going to feel very, very strange indeed. This was my first ever proper job – long ago I started in telesales – and inertia and financial peril has kept me static ever since. More than four years in one place. To put that in context, during those four years I have:

  • Dated seven different people (not to mention got married!)
  • Dyed my hair six times, many different colours
  • Lived in five different apartments
  • Made four new friends
  • Let three piercings close up
  • Gained and then lost two stone
  • Completed an MA


  • But in all that time only had one place of employment – the change was overdue. I’ve been working my ass off to get everything tidied up prior to departure – I was at my desk at 7.30am for crying out loud. I’ve got loads of health check ups booked (eyes, blood pressure, BC pill, smear – joy) for the next few weeks, again all long overdue. I’m just trying to keep motivated and unstressed while I totally blitz those online recruitment sites and Guardian media. Arrrrgh.

    Anyway, onwards and upwards.

    No comments: