Thursday, February 12, 2004

You know, sometimes you've just got to be thankful for what you have and not worry about what you haven't. I'm thankful for my family and friends and for the animator, without his support I would not be nearly as daring and my life would be poorer as a result.

We got married at short notice, which turned out to be the best way to do it because it focuses your mind on ensuring that you achieve what is important for you. For us, that meant having as many family and friends as possible help us celebrate our relationship - not worrying about ceremony, invites, napkins, flowers and tailormade dresses (I got my corset from Retail Slut!). We got married at Camden Registry office and then moved on to The Clerkenwell. We had hired the entire place and they did us so proud - it was a fairytale. Cleaning out my old work email I stumbled across our wedding reception menu:

WILD MUSHROOM SOUP, TRUFFLE CHANTILLY
~ ~ ~
TWICE BAKED CHEESE SOUFFLÉ, BLUSHED TOMATO AND HERB SALAD
CRISP PORK BELLY, SCALLOPS AND APPLE SAUCE
~ ~ ~
CRISP FILLET OF SEABASS, CRUSHED POTATOES AND TOMATO CONFIT
SEARED RUMP STEAK, COCOTTE POTATOES, ONIONS AND CEPES
PITHIVIER OF MELTED ONIONS, BUTTERNUT SQUASH,
THYME AND BEETROOT GLAZE
~ ~ ~
TRADITIONAL FRENCH AND BRITISH ISLE CHEESES
~ ~ ~
HOT CHOCOLATE FONDANT, MINT CHOC CHIP ICE CREAM
LEMON TART
~ ~ ~
COFFEE AND PETIT FOURS
~ ~ ~
WEDDING CAKE

Are you hungry now?

No comments: