Saturday, May 22, 2004

day off/off day
Round and round spins Fortuna's wheel - up and down we go, no wonder my heart seems to have permanently lodged itself in my mouth. I kept putting off posting until I'd heard back from Oregon, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Also, today is the first day in a while that I've had nothing much on the to-do list to worry/fixate about (apart from find a job, earn some money, pay the rent - but familiarity breeds contempt) so I decided to take a bit of a break from thinking. Two pints (really) of Colombia's finest generously laced with Frangelico certainly ensured that my brain was freewheeling down the steep slope of oblivion, hey, if I can't do this once in a while just exactly what is the point of unemployment? I was having fun with a new toy too: mashed up music. DINbOT's tracks have been on a loop all day - inspired! (Thank you so much for the heads up Free Man)
Unfortunately, TA required my services as a shoulder to lean on (animators don't cry), an audience to rage at and a compos mentis wife to comfort him. Badger playtime ended abruptly. Now that TA has had his self-esteem and energy levels boosted a little (three hours of deep and meaningful talk, three hours of intensive hair stroking, 20 minutes playing a violent shoot-up game on the PC) I'm ready to play again - any suggestions?

No comments: