Tuesday, May 11, 2004

interview and currying favour part 2
So today's the day, I am interviewing for the position of deputy production editor for Gardeners' World Magazine. I will also be sitting an editorial test - eek I hope they don't include misspelt latin plant names. Here's the skinny on the position:
To sub, proof and trim copy to set deadlines, as well as creating headlines and sells, to ensure sense and completeness and maintain appropriate house style. To take specific responsibility for complex pages, larger features and significant sections of magazine. To co-ordinate work of Subs/Senior Subs and pass final checks on certain sections/cromalins as well as deputising for the Production Editor in his/her absence where appropriate.
It's pretty much what I used to do at my old job. It's only a stage 1 interview with the agency and I'm feeling fairly laidback about it.

After saying I was going to cook my mother in law's chicken curry I actually only got round to it last night. It turned out pretty good and is so simple to make, ideal for leftover roast. Here's the recipe:

2 cups of cooked chicken diced
1 diced onion
1 tablespoon of hot madras curry powder
1 tablespoon of tomato relish
2 sticks of celery sliced
2 dried pineapple rings finely chopped (chunks about 1/8cm)
500ml milk
cornflour to thicken

Next time I will add red pepper (capsicum) and cashew nuts.

Cook the onion in some oil or butter until soft and translucent. Add the curry powder and celery. Allow to cook for a few minutes, add more oil/butter if necessary. Add tomato relish and pineapple, cook for a further few minutes. Add milk and bring it to simmer. Add cornflour to thicken the sauce. Keep stirring and then add chicken. Allow chicken to heat through - five or six minutes - and serve with rice.

1 comment:

blaze said...

Great Posts about pancake recipe
I have a site that is all about pancake recipe
also. I enjoyed reading your site and hope you will have a look at mine