Saturday, July 31, 2004

I wish somebody wrote a blog about...
I'm sure that someone somewhere is writing a blog that perfectly matches every one of my exacting requirements: recipes; slices of life; a little bit about how enchanting small children are - and how bonkers; a bit of left-wing politics; a bit of science; some thoughtful commentry on the humanities and arts; some pointers to music I've never heard before, but instantly adore; being humble and joyful and, above all, observant and acute about life lived well; someone who writes about maintaining a sense of self in the face of tragedy with dignity and poise; a little bit about society with links to things I'd never have found on my own; describing living in Melbourne (where I want to live too someday soon)... But if there is one person that writes all these things in one blog - on exactly the day I want to read them - I haven't found them yet. It really doesn't matter though because I think that the blogs in my sidebar cover all these bases and more. They are written with integrity, with humour, with an ear for an arresting turn of phrase and an eye for hidden gems. And if I did find a blog that did all of the above I'd certainly add it to my sidebar, but this spookily wonderful blog could never replace my sidebar - it would be like replacing a choir with a virtuoso soloist - I'd lose the wealth of variety, of tones, of surprise. It's good to strike a new note.
(I really struggled with this one Tim!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the time i used to read smaller posts which as well clear their motive, and that is also
happening with this post which I am reading at this
time.

Also visit my homepage: women dress

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I may come back once again since I
book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.



my blog post: mylocalband.sublinemusic.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your site unintentionally, and
I am stunned why this accident did not happened earlier!
I bookmarked it.

Look at my web blog Modcloth coupon

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but
I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
Thanks a lot!

Also visit my blog post: click the next webpage

Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my website =). We may have a link change contract between us

my page teen clothing stores

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I have just been searching for info about this
subject for a while and yours is the greatest I've found out so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the source?

my blog post - Clothing Stores in nashville tennessee

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.eggergarten.ch/gaerten/main.htm]wholesale snapback hats[/url]
[url=http://www.eggergarten.ch/teiche/]Louis Vuitton Handbags[/url]
sakawa8866

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Rеlevant!
! Finаlly I've found something which helped me. Thanks a lot!

Here is my blog :: pilates training