Thursday, May 19, 2005

what’s your favourite humming sound?
This is currently my most quoted line from Father Ted, replacing “Careful now! Down with that sort of thing!” and “These cows are small, but the ones out there are far away. Small. Far away. Get it?”
I find myself marking time, but marking time with a secret little smile hovering around the corners of my mouth. In my head I have already left this job, in my head I am already gleeful about leaving the office and senior managers completely at sea – oh the conceit! – and in my head I have already got a new and exciting job. In the real world I am approaching work with a carefree gay abandon that is bordering on the inappropriate. Hopefully, it’s just a matter of time until what is happening in the real world catches up with what’s going on in my head. But until then, what’s your favourite humming sound?

No comments: