Tuesday, June 14, 2005

wild life
Housemate M has two goldfish in a bowl in the living room. I'm not a big fan of them - they make odd noises and are a bit disturbing - but find that I often can't help staring at them. I was reading up on html coding yesterday to prepare for today's test and interview when a dark shadow darted across the page. I looked up and over towards the fishbowl. I stood up to get a closer look. I called TA into the room to confirm that my eyes weren't deceiving me. Both fish were trailing poo, but one fish was dragging a poo that was longer than its body. I am not the kind of girl who can easily forget an image like that.
For the last two nights I have dreamt that I have cancer. The first time it was breast cancer, yesterday I nervously prodded my front but all seems well, last night it was cancer of the jaw. I also dreamt I'd missed the interview and all the other standard permutations of panic dream - naked, running, falling. I woke up with that slightly at sea feeling that says, yes go to the loo now, don't stop to put the kettle on first. When TA got up I told him I was having a goldfish morning, he understood then how nervous I am. And now so do you.

No comments: