Friday, October 14, 2005

It's just been one of those weeks. Work has been high-pressure hectic, I was ill, the cold war is continuing unabated, the house is (hopefully) progressing (albeit slowly), I have a to-do list as long as my arm and growing, I had a rejection letter through from a job application that had taken me a whole day to complete, TA's hernia is still hurting him... It's just been one of those weeks.
However, the weekend looks set to be a blinder with lots of social activities planned and at least I have scored various treats from work (the highlight being a boxed bottle of Fortnum & Mason claret) in recognition of the crazy demands they have placed on me. This evening we are having work-sponsored pizza and beer.
If I sound a bit "crispy fried" (this is agency speak for burnt out) I think it's because I've had far too much caffeine, sugar and stress already this morning. I wrote a rushed post yesterday and deleted it as too dull, but since I can't do any better today this will have to do.

No comments: