Thursday, December 14, 2006

letter in a bottle
I have been watching with increasing alarm recent events in Suffolk and have been moved to write. As one of your constituents, I am writing to you to ask that you work on my behalf to legalise soliciting, and campaign to remove the stigma and associated dangers attached to sex work. Although this week’s events have been a catalyst, I would deny that this is a knee-jerk reaction. I believe passionately that the criminalising of sex workers is in itself a crime. There are many wider issues that our society needs to address – such as our treatment (or lack of) of drug addicts, equal rights, equal access to education, and better training for social workers, police and outreach workers – but I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to please campaign for adequate licensing of, and protection for, sex workers.

No comments: