Thursday, March 08, 2007

playaway
I wrote this a day in advance! I’m going to have my hands full with champagne, chocolates, pork pies, Guinness, cake baking, wine and acrylic paint (TA bought me a new canvas to play with)…oh, and presents too.
I’ve compiled a birthday-themed playlist to play on random that reflects my mixed feelings: 30 songs for 30 years.
1. Oedipus, Regina Spektor (a song about claiming inheritance. Oh my, she is fabulousness itself. If Edward Gorey wrote songs they’d sound like this…)
2. Goodbye Pisces, Tori Amos
3. Pants, Gloria Deluxe
4. Crested Hens, Soluus
5. Inner Universe, Origa (everyone needs to get some anime soundtrack action)
6. When It’s Cold I’d Like to Die, Moby (I find embracing the possibility is often a comfort)
7. The Living Daylights, A-Ha (I can’t help being a child of the 80s, okay?)
8. Upside Down, Tori Amos
9. Consequence of Sound, Regina Spektor (listening makes me want to write and I’m damned if I’m going to spend another decade being merely a frustrated novelist)
10. 40 Boys in 40 Nights, the Donnas (one can but hope)
11. Sullen Girl, Fiona Apple (under the waves of the blue of my oblivion)
12. Immature, Björk
13. You Came Through, PJ Harvey
14. Breath, Kathryn Williams
15. There’s No Other Way, Blur
16. Suddenly I See, KT Tunstall
17. Take to the Sky, Tori Amos (my heart is like an ocean – it gets in the way)
18. The Harder They Come, Paul Oakenfold
19. A Place Called Home, PJ Harvey
20. Believe, Franke Potente
21. If 6 Was 9, Tori Amos (yes, seriously – one of the best cover versions in the world)
22. 10pt Agenda, Herbaliser
23. Us, Regina Spektor (have I mentioned how much I love her?)
24. This is a Low, Blur
25. Joyful Girl, Ani Di Franco
26. One Day, Björk
27. In the Bath, Lemon Jelly
28. Time of Your Life, Paul Oakenfold
29. All I Need, Air
30. Wing-Stock, Ashley MacIsaac (I soar every time I hear the swell of sound)