Wednesday, July 11, 2007

yesterday in parliament
As past-it 30-somethings, TA and I enjoy listening to the Today programme on Radio 4 in the mornings. Humphreys and co burble along while I try to muster the enthusiasm and energy to leave the house. Conveniently, I know that if I accidently hear Thought for the Day I’ve stayed too long.
This morning I was eating yoghurt and TA was looking in the fridge for some butter while Ed Balls’s maiden speech to the house in his new ministerial role was being discussed. They cut to a sound bite, "Every child should be able read, write and masturbate an ass." My jaw dropped, TA looked up at me dumbfounded, we laughed and then I said, "I think he meant every child should be able to master basic maths."
Mr Balls, a policy wonk of outstanding ability you may be, but I think you need to work on your delivery.

No comments: