Monday, December 15, 2008

hello
It's been a while, hasn't it? It did take a long time to get internet, it took a long time to get a flat and then our stuff was in shipping...
Anyway, we're here now. Sprout is walking these days. The sun is shining and, well, I'm brain dead. Suffering from housewifeitis. The lights are, sporadically, on but mrs brain is still in London. This country is lovely, but just all wrong. Woolies and Safeways are one company and that company is the most successful supermarket in the country. The bath/shower has four taps (all of which leak)...
I'm still breastfeeding Sprout, who is now 11 months old, and he still wakes three-five times a night. I doubt we'll have another one - I'm knackered and mildly resent my loss of autonomy. Also, I enormously resent having lost my identity as a nonmother - now all anyone says to me is 'you'll make friends with other mothers', but actually that's the stuff of nightmares...I want to make friends with other radical women. Strong women. Writers. Poets. Rebel gardeners. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?
This flat is only a stop gap while we save for land, yes, land for our earthship! But is still needs a nom de blog. It's an Art Deco building in a nappy valley inner suburb, how about Base Unit?

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'll get back to you on that nom de blog thing, if and when...

In the meantime - yay! You're alive!
Say hello to everyone in Australia for me.